Academic support for campus multimedia
Helping to build the careers of media professionals for over four decades
The Media Center provides many services to the University. As a department within Information Technology, we deliver traditional audio visual services that include Media Production for faculty and staff. Graphic Design offers creative services to University personnel for use in both print and digital mediums. Our Equipment Distribution office makes available equipment loans to faculty, staff and select students in classes that need media equipment to support their classwork. The Engineering team supports an installation base of over 200 multimedia classrooms as well as maintaining all Media Center equipment and we provide planning assistance for campus audio visual projects both inside and outside of the classroom. As a state institution we continually must be creative with our resources to accomplish our goals. As a technology dependent department, keeping our services up to date requires that we acquire the latest technologies used in the media field. Financing for these needs is increasingly difficult so we are looking to you, our supporters, for assistance to keep our equipment up to date. The Media Center has a proven track record of student career success . . . . our student employees go on to get jobs in the media field!
Recent accomplishments of the Media Center
- Completed the upgrade of over 50 classrooms to Crestron control systems and over 100 classrooms to LED laser lamp less projectors.
- Distributed equipment throughout the academic semester to more than 200 students, staff and faculty.
- Launched the online digital media repository Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Integrated Crestron Fusion into upgraded classrooms.
- Produced high profile media pieces including; Excellence In Teaching, TEDxCCSU, 2016 Commencements.
- Series productions; Frames Per Second, THE HOUR, Central Arts and Central Authors.
- Employed 12 student employees and 3 former students as University Assistants in 2016.
To utilize the Media Center services and resources please visit.
For more information about giving opportunities please contact Chad E. Valk at (860) 832-2035 or email@example.com
Supported by 3 Donations:
AnonymousWe at Juran appreciate all of the help from The CCSU Media Center Staff. We look forward to working with you again soon.